Goolum Positions Vacant
Goolum Goolum currently have three positions available:
KINSHIP CARE – CASE MANAGER
An exciting opportunity exists to become part of a committed Family Services team that supports the local Indigenous community to achieve the best possible outcomes for their children and families.
Aboriginal Kinship Care is care provided by relatives or friends to an Aboriginal child who cannot live with their parents, where Aboriginal family and community and Aboriginal culture are valued as central to the child’s safety, stability and development.
An experienced and qualified person who will:
- Case manage Kinship care clients and families
- Support Kinship carers in their roles
- Demonstrate knowledge of the legislative framework for Out of Home Care services
- Be passionate about engaging with the local community to ensure children’s safety and culturally appropriate development.
- Be a willing participant in a multi-agency care team approach to kinship care.
- Be a dedicated team member of the GGAC Family Services
Interested persons can submit a resume to:
The General Manager
P.O. Box 523, Horsham, Vic. 3402
A position description and program guideline may be obtained from our reception.
Email enquiries to: Anthony@goolumgoolum.org.au
Applications close: Friday 27th October at 4pm
TEAM LEADER/GARDENING AND PROPERTY MAINTENANCE
Goolum Goolum Aboriginal Co-operative (GGAC) is looking to appoint a suitably qualified person to manage the day to day activities of our property management crew.
Based at our Hamilton Street site the Team Leader will organise a small hardworking team that provide property maintenance service to Goolums Housing Tenants, various program clients and the indigenous community in general. Duties will be varied and the successful applicant may be required to undertake cultural awareness training.
The ideal applicant will have:
- Horticultural/Landscaping qualifications and skills
- Proven ability to manage a small team and to train new staff
- Commercial skills – cost effective work practices and business development
- A strong sense of community service.
Reporting directly to the General Manager our Team leader will be an enthusiastic member of Goolums staff and will interact with community members, program managers and external funding partners. GGAC offers excellent working conditions and a very supportive work environment.
Applications along with Resumes may be sent to:
The General Manager: PO Box 523, Horsham, VIC 3402
or emailed to Anthony@goolumgoolum.org.au
or delivered to reception at 43 Hamilton Street, Horsham.
Applications close at COB on Monday 16th October
Early Childhood Support Worker
GGAC wishes to appoint an enthusiastic, caring and team oriented Early Childhood Support Casual Worker
Part Time: 15 hours per week over 3 days during school terms only.
Award: Children’s Services Award 2010
Salary: Per Award
Please contact reception for a Position Description
Applications will close on Friday 13th October